A few tips
Preparing Your Home
Maximize your sale potential with these tips and tricks.
Thinking of Selling?
We see a lot of homeowners make the mistake of hanging a “for sale” sign in front of their home and waiting to see what kind of offers they get.
This is a huge missed opportunity.
There’s a strategy when it comes to selling your home [link to main Selling page] that allows you to attract the right buyers and get the maximum sale value. Here’s what you should know.
It’s never too early to start preparing your home for sale. There is often a number of questions about things around the house that should be done to maximize the return on your home investment.
As experts in home sales, we are happy to be hands-on with our clients and we will talk about what needs to be done at your house specifically before selling, as well as things that aren’t as high priority. Start with these major items (trust us, they make a huge difference!):
- Clear the clutter. Starting the process of de-cluttering can be one of the best things that prospective home sellers can do. Start by packing up photos or other rarely used items. This is a great way to prepare for your move mentally and physically. Box up any items that you haven’t used in the last 60 days and organize the rest of the items neatly on bookshelves, storage bins, closets, or in the attic. Remember you will be packing this all up anyways, so just get started early!
- Improve your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home’s lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden, and plant flowers.
- Clean the outside. A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you’ve slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home’s siding. A fresh coat of paint on the front door is inviting, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, it will be sure to stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
- Make repairs. In any market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
- Organize closets and drawers. We totally get that it is impossible to live in a “model home,” especially with kids, but do your best to organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn’t have enough storage space.
- Take color down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Eliminate bad odors. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
Free Home Evaluation
Try our free home evaluation to see what your home is worth!
Meet Us For Coffee
See how we can help you and your needs in the real estate market.
Let’s Get Started
See how we can help you in leveling up the design of your home.
Get in Touch
610 1st Street
Snohomish, WA 98290