Season 2, Episode 2
We’re so excited to take you behind the scenes on this week’s reno!
This was a house with tons of potential, but it needed a little help to attract the right buyers. So we dug in and added some major selling points that would get the market excited and clambering to move in!
Colors, Pattern, & Texture Inspos
We leaned into a modern farmhouse style here. Grays and cool neutrals were our base, with gorgeous wood cabinetry and bold tile-work to add texture and interest.
- Update the main bathroom with a new shower and vanity.
- Remodel the kitchen to make it proportional with the main living space.
- Add a closet to the home office to create a third bedroom in the house.
- Dream staging throughout!
Favorite Project: Back Porch
This home came with an amazing covered back porch. That’s such a win here in the Pacific Northwest, since people love having an outdoor space they can use regardless of weather!
The porch itself didn’t need any structural work. It was a blank canvas we could use to bring out the possibilities! We hung old farmhouse window panes over the deck railings to create an illusion of privacy between the future homeowners and the neighboring yards.
We also added a trellis wall to create a beautiful and functional focal point for potted plants and herbs.
We rounded out the space with some on-point outdoor furnishings that demonstrated how the large porch area could be used and enjoyed.
Buyers loved it!
A Word from JL
We love the energy Lyndsay and Leslie bring to every project and this one was no exception.
Finding the extra flooring in the garage was great, it allowed us to work with the existing flooring even though we were moving a wall and removing the wood stove. Changing the footprint can be a deal breaker when you are trying to work with an existing flooring.
We loved the idea of making the office a third bedroom and with plenty of room to spare in the kitchen, a little framing and rearranging went a long way.
The main on-suite had a large jetted tub, but no shower and only a single vanity. Building the wall and custom shower as well as adding the plumbing for a second sink really transformed the space giving it a more modern and functional layout.
You can find several of the items featured in this episode online and in our Snohomish Storefront location! Check these out:
- Round Stoneware Plate with Thistle Pattern
- Stoneware Bowl with Thistle Pattern
- Antique Acacia Wood and Black Antique Metal Vintage Wood
- Metal Wall Pockets
Love the material choices we made? Here are some of the paints, tiles, and fixtures we used throughout this farmhouse style home:
- Our go-to paint for this project: White Dove from Benjamin Moore
- Trim paint: Pewter from Benjamin Moore
- Kitchen backsplash: Adessi Revival Gray Matte Porcelain from Floor & Decor
- Dining room lighting: A Wagon Wheel Chandelier (the one we used is no longer available, but this one is super similar!)
- Bathroom vanity lighting: Fixture from Amazon (similar to the one we used)
- Bathroom floor tile: Florentina Gray Ceramic Tile from Floor & Decor
You can see all of our great Amazon finds right here!
Make sure to follow us on Instagram for more behind the scenes details on every episode!
See ya back on HGTV next Tuesday at 9PM ET/PT!