As a homeowner, you may notice that some things are outdated or need fixing to fit your personal “home style” needs. Not only that but when you are ready to sell, those updates can add value to your home thus increasing your profit. In case you need a kickstart on some ideas we have provided you with 8 ways to turn your SWEAT equity into SWEET equity.
- Floors: This day in age, flooring is HUGE. Rip out those old carpets and replace them with a wood or laminate wood floor that will really bring each room together. Maybe you have beautiful hardwoods underneath that carpet, simply sand & restain and those floors will be more gorgeous than ever! Exposing pre-existing wood floors is an easy and fast way to capture some additional equity.
- Doors: Paint them! Most likely they have taken a ding or two over the years and could use a touch up. Or replace them entirely and update the look of your home.
- Minor bathroom remodel: Remove dated wall coverings and add a fresh coat of paint. Maybe update the bathtub & sink fixture to give the room a new look. Replace old shower doors or remove them to add the illusion of space!
- Landscaping: Freshen up the sod, trim the shrubbery by the entry, and add some flowering plants near the front door to add curb appeal and welcome guests.
- Minor Kitchen Remodel: Paint your cabinets, update old appliances & add simple new fixtures. Most of these can be done inexpensively and still add the style & flare you are looking for.
- Exterior Improvements: Fresh paint or new siding on a home can update the exterior instantly. New roofing as well is huge to potential buyers.
- Deck or patio addition: Turn your yard into the ideal summer entertainment space by adding a brick patio or new wood deck.
- Enhance or add architectural lines: Brighten up the trim with a high gloss paint and instantly draw a clients eyes to the beauty of the lines inside the home.
Check out our Pinterest boards for even more inspiration!