The 2017-2018 school year is just around the corner! Let us do the thinking for you when it comes to preparing your kids to go back to school so that you can enjoy your last couple weeks by the pool with your family.
Tips for Preparing Your Kids for Back-to-School:
- Buy school supplies early: In July, school supplies started sneaking their way onto store shelves but now that it’s early August, it’s time to get shopping!
- Transition bedtime: Now is the perfect time to start slowing moving back bedtime so that your kids aren’t in shock when it’s time to wake up early for school. Make it a fun experience as they gear up for the next year!
- Start teaching them your expectations for the next year:
- Review how to safely get on and off the school bus, walk, or bike to school.
- Tell them about what they will be learning this year, and your expectations for grades & extracurriculars.
- Review what to do in case of an emergency.
Snohomish County School Supply Lists
- Mill Creek School Supplies List (elementary, middle, high school)
- Everett School Supplies List
- Snohomish School Supplies List
- Marysville School Supply List
- Lynnwood School Supply List (elementary, middle, high school)
- Edmonds School Supply List
Free back to school hair cuts:
JC Penny Salons: Kids (Kindergarden-6th) during the month of August get a free hair cut for back to school!
Evergreen Beauty College: Everett & Renton locations will be giving free haircuts to students on August 23rd from 1-4:30pm! Haircuts are restricted from ages K-12.