Keeping your home cool in the summer can be a challenge without air conditioning. Here are 5 simple ways to keep your home cool this summer without having to break the bank!
- Keep your blinds closed during the day: Closing your windows, blinds, and drapes is essential and will not only lower the temperature in your home by 10-15 degrees but will likely also save you money on your bills. Win win.
- Close bedroom doors: Try to refrain from leaving doors open during the day to keep the warm air from permeating throughout the home. But totally open them back up as the weather begins to cool down a bit.
- Swap out your sheets: Change out those cozy flannel or fleece sheets to a nice & cool cotton to keep you cooler during the night hours. Another idea: swap out your pillows for the summer with buckwheat pillows – they won’t hold your body heat like a conventional pillow.
- Set your fans counter-clockwise: Life hack! Get ready this is exciting. Turning your fans counter-clockwise and allowing them to spin at a higher speed can actually create a “windchill” like breeze throughout the home. You are welcome. 🙂
- Open windows at night: As the evening begins to cool, slide open your windows and allow the refreshing airflow back into your home. Be sure though, to close your windows (see tip #1) before morning comes.
How do you keep your home cool during the summer?
Dallas Moreno / Marketing Manager